Sunday, January 25, 2009

Another Cold Run: 7 miles

The temperature has dipped again! It was 18 this morning when I woke up so took my time getting out the door and it was in the low 20's by late morning when I headed out. Wore dri-fit socks, nike dri-fit thermal tights and pants over them, nike dry-fit thermal turtleneck, dri-fit shirt over that and my windbreaker. Oh, and a new headband and gloves since I left mine in Montauk! Many, many layers but it may have been too heavy -- was hard to get started! But at least I was warm (my non-dri-fit bra was soaked when I got home).
I had my new running playlist to listen to, so that was nice for a change for my long run. I have already thought of edits.
I jogged to Prospect Park and then did two loops. The first loop was actually the hardest. Two loops meant two hills!! But it's good to practice those since the April 1/2 marathon in Central Park is the full two loops -- including the north hills. Yikes!
My pace was slow and steady and I walked for almost 2 minutes halfway through. I kept reminding myself that I had just done a 5 mile race two weeks ago, and this was only two more miles (which I felt like I could have done after that race).
Now I realize I have done 1/2 the full mileage I will be doing in April for the 1/2 marathon. And it's only January!!

Today's run: 7 miles at 79 minutes (includes a 2 minute walk)
Also, since I missed writing Thursday, Thurday's run: 3.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment