Saturday, January 10, 2009

NYRR Fred Lebow Classic 5-mile


Today I ran my first race in Central Park! The training for the 1/2 marathon called for 5 miles today, and coincidentally there was a 5-mile race so I signed up. It was exciting. I finished at 52:53, which is a 10:34 pace. So I wasn't first, but wasn't last (2737 overall place), which I'm happy with since I've never run 5 miles or a race before! Only one way to go up from here :-)
I started in the last corral, so will need to change my time with NYRR so I don't start in the back at all the upcoming races.
Before the race, I ate 1/2 a luna bar and a small coffee, which seemed right. The caffeine definitely helped. After, I ate the bagel and apple they handed out, and then a bowl of veggie chili with a spoon of plain green non-fat yogurt on top.
I feel great! LOVED the race, can't wait to do more :-)

Today's run: 5 miles @ 52:53
Today's food: luna bar, coffee, bagel, apple, vegetarian chili, 4 slices pizza, yogurt w/honey, nachos w/veg chili

No comments:

Post a Comment