Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back on the road!

Between the 0 degree weather, the snow and ice, and some tummy troubles, I missed a few days. But I got back on the road for a short, easy run this evening. Running in snow, especially somewhat slushy snow, is a little like running on sand. I think my calves got more of a workout than normal! and I felt it a bit in my ankles too... so I think I deserve a hot bath before bed.
This is the first time I've run in the evening instead of the morning. I definitely prefer the mornings. It was just too hard to get up early today after the long weekend. But now I know, I like it better at the beginning of the day. Although it's good to know the evening's an option if I just can't do it in the am.
The food thing has been a little off the rails -- at least over the long weekend. Time to reel it in!

Today's run: 3.25 miles @ about 38 minutes

PS - it was a bit warmer at 29 degrees this evening :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment